Does anyone here remember Bill Cosby’s Skit eons ago? It was an HBO special that aired ad nauseum during my youth. Each and every time it aired, we howled. We all knew my Daddy would have completely channeled Bill Cosby. My mother? Being a product of the 50’s, would have responded in utter disgust. After watching this youtube capture today, I’ve learned anything that appeases children come Saturday morning, all for an ounce more of sleep, is a-o-k. Darn strait. Thank you Daddy for taking care of Mama, even though she was not on board.
For a proper introduction to the clip, it went something like this. Cosby’s was fixing breakfast for his young children and discovers Chocolate Cake is perfect for breakfast because Chocolate Cake has:
Here is his reenactment of what his baby Mama witnesses after descending upon Daddy’s mighty fine nutritional decision. The party equivalent to chocolate-cake-kegger.
With this inspiration. Let’s share my very own Daddy’s favorite Chocolate Cake recipe. It’s a chocolate humdinger.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (Trader Joe's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate. Then frost away.
- For Choclate Frosting:
- cup semisweet chocolate chips
- tablespoons unsalted butter
- /2 cup sour cream
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- /4 teaspoon salt
- /4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Melt chocolate and the butter together. Let cool and blend in the sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Gradually add the confectioner's sugar until the frosting is of spreading consistency, beat well.
Thank you Daddy for thinking cake was a food group and your Chocolate loving DNA. I love you mucho. Happy Birthday.