Happy Friday Friends. Any plans for the long weekend? If you are looking for a new cocktail recipe here is an interesting one.
It’s for Ms. Lori. She shared that the Cucumber Margaritas from Gabbi’s in Orange, California were fantastic. I was intrigued. Tequila and I have not been friends at all since college. (It was a difficult breakup.) Then add Jalapenos and Cucumbers? Hmmm.
I have now come to learn the sweetness from the agave and cucumber immediately followed by the subtle spicy tingle of the fresh jalapeño is a match made in heaven. Be sure to use GOOD tequila, it makes all the difference in the world. Here you go:
4 oz. silver tequila
3 oz. agave nectar
3 oz. fresh lime juice
1/2 cucumber, enough to produce four wheels
2-3 jalapenos, depending on desired amount of spice
- Peel Cucumber, make sure to remove as much of the rind as possible (Otherwise, the drink may come out bitter). Slice the peeled cucumber into four wheels.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the jalapenos. Slice jalapenos horizontally into wheels.
- Combine cucumber wheels, jalapenos and lime juice in a blender
- Blend until the ingredients are almost liquefied.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher to remove the solid materials.
- Add tequila, agave nectar and ice.
- Swirl and serve on the rocks!
Here are a few more recipes from the archives for Memorial Day Weekend:
- Clone Recipe of CPK’s Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Pico de Gallo
- Macadamia Nut Fudge Brownies with Kahlua Hot Fudge
- We all Scream for Ice Cream