Oh, viagra come in, sit down, I was-hey, you want something to eat?
HEY MOM! CAN WE GET SOME MEATLOAF?
Chazz Reinhold ~ Wedding Crashers
(I say this a lot and am teaching my kids to do the same)
Back in the day, my mom would make ground beef meatloaf. Sorry Mama but this young grasshopper was not a fan. Especially having to wash it down with a full glass of slightly cold milk. Good times. I have turned my back on meat loaf for many years.
Now a days, ground turkey has traded places with the ground round and I promise this recipe will have you (and the kids) coming back for more.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- ⅔ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 egg
- ¾ cup catsup
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup catsup for top
- Melt butter in a skillet. Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place mixture in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, ¾ cup of the catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with onion mixture.
- Press meatloaf into an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Spread remaining ¼ cup catsup on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes. (Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.)
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.