I am so sorry for this one. Really I am. Putting these things together and then dumping it into a bread bowl is dietary uncool for those watching their physique. But you know what, it’s the holidays and Carbo Loading with Cheese and Wine are ideal for those ‘cheat days’ methinks.
Come to think of it, this wine and cheese collaboration is precisely the same as merging “Gangnam Style” with Hammer’s “2 Legit 2 Quit”. A match made in heaven.
So, ya ready? Lawdy this is a good one…..let’s get busy.
Just 5 ingredients and ANYONE can do this. Thyme, Brie, Mascarpone, Round Loaf of Bread and, you guessed it, White Wine. Boohya.
First, remove the rind from the brie, dice it up, and carve out that bread bowl. Place your mascarpone and diced brie in a microwavable bowl, then add your favorite dry white wine. Slowly heat and stir the mixture in the microwave until it reaches a fondue texture.
Once the cheese is melted, add your fresh thyme. Pour it into your bread bowl and serve with a sliced baguette, two. Trust me on the two baguettes. As the mixture cools and mixes with the bread it keeps getting better and better. Truth be told I have witnessed the bread bowl being pulled apart and eaten by those who just couldn’t get enough. Stop looking at me.
- 1 8 ounce container of mascarpone cheese
- 1 8 ounce wedge of brie
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 large sourdough round bread loaf
- 2 french baguettes
- Slice the top off of the round bread loaf. Carve out a bowl to accommodate the cheese mixture.
- Remove rind of brie and cut into 1 inch cubes. Add the cubed brie and mascarpone cheese to a microwavable safe bowl. Pour in ½ dry white wine, (Chardonnay or Sauvignon blanc) Slowly heat until melted and combined, stirring occasionally. Once heated through remove to stir in thyme leaves.
- Pour heated mixture into bread bowl and garnish with additional thyme leaves.
- Serve immediately with sliced baguettes.
Enjoy friends – smooches