Talk about a taste explosion. This one is the bomb. A Caramel Apple Salad. If you need an original recipe to take to a Halloween Potluck, this is your vibe.
It makes a lot, but you will be surprised by how many people go back for seconds. You will get text messages at all hours of the day and night saying “I think I need some Caramel Apple Salad right about now”. Consider yourself warned.
- 1-1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping
- 4 large or 8 small Granny Smith apples, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 10 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into ½-inch pieces. Or a 20 oz. bag of Snicker Miniatures cut in half.
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix. Refrigerate until set. Cut Snicker bars into ½” pieces. Cut apples into ½ inch dice. Once pudding has set, fold in whipped topping. Fold the apples into the pudding/whipped topping mixture right after cutting to prevent them from browning. Fold in snickers and peanuts. Refrigerate until serving.
If you want it all to yourself, now would be a good time to run to a closet with a lock. Not that I have ever done such a thing.