We are headed back to school soon. Cue sad trombones. Sigh.
To get my head back in the early morning breakfast routine this Cheese and Pancetta Breakfast Casserole is what will be on deck. I like to send my little people off with a hearty breakfast on their first day back in the trenches. Besides, capsule decease those back to school photo smiles seem to come easier on a full belly.
Here is what will be in the oven to welcome a new school year. It’s an easy one. On me as well, since I can whip it up after lights out the night before.
Off we go….
Only half my crew will consume cheese, explaining the half and half photo above. I aim to please.
Plate with fruit and cinnamon roll, ladies and gentlemen we have a winner. I just know you would smile for me after I served you this. Right? Thought so.
- 8 white bread slices, crust removed, cut into cubes
- 1 pound diced Pancetta (cooked)
- 1 cups grated cheddar
- 11 large eggs
- 2 cups milk (use the real stuff)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grease 9×13-inch glass baking dish. Place bread in prepared dish. Top with cooked pancetta and cheese.
- Beat together eggs, milk, dry mustard and salt. Season with pepper. Pour over mixture.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Chill.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake casserole until puffed and center is set, about 50 minutes. Cut into squares.
Happy Back to School Friends,