Tuesday’s and Thursday’s; are heavy calendar days. It’s difficult to find time to make dinner. I want a homemade meal, but sitting on the practice field calls for a bit of help from the ole crock pot.
Here was last weeks Thursday’s meal, Crock Pot Barbeque Beef Sandwiches. DH woke each morning looking forward to the leftovers. He likes his with pickles and jalapenos.
This was the result after 10 hours on low.
Trimmed the fat and began to shred.
Time to liven up this party…
Now we’re talking.
Yes, I was out of hamburger buns. But, these were fresh. The little people like them plain-jane style. I like to add provolone and seasoned coleslaw, the non-mayonnaise kind. There were good, really good. Can’t wait for you to try these.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Provolone cheese, seasoned coleslaw, sliced onions, dill pickles and pickled jalapenos, optional.
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, seasonings. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking liquid.
- Remove excess fat and discard. Shred beef with two forks place in a bowl. Spoon liquid over the shredded beef until desired consistency. Place ½ cup on each bun.
- Serve with onions, pickles or jalapenos if desired.
- House favorite is with provolone cheese and seasoned cole slaw.
Stay cool friends,