Because it is Wednesday and I’ve been Goop Cleansing for the last two weeks, I bring you massive amounts of carbs, cream and cheese in the form of a Gratin Potatoes with White Cheddar and Tarragon. The things I can not have right at this moment. Can you sense a slight craving?
Off we go.
Spuds, 3 pounds of them.
Peeled and in waiting.
After a slice-fest through the food processor, put down your first layer; potato slices, salt, pepper, fresh tarragon and cheese. Glorious cheese.
Keep layering until you reach the top and get that wine/cream sauce ready. Pour it on top. Let it seep all the way down to the bottom. Nice.
Add a hearty layer of cheese to finish your layers off and into the oven it goes.
Just how mama likes it. Go grab a spoon friends and dig in!
Now where did I put that Shades of Grey book that just arrived from Amazon. Need to see what all the fuss is about.
- Gratin of Potatoes with White Cheddar and Tarragon
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into ⅛-inch-thick rounds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1½ cups (packed) grated sharp white cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Layer ⅓ of potatoes in prepared dish, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with ⅓ of salt and ⅓ of pepper. Sprinkle with ⅓ of tarragon, then with ⅓ of cheese. Repeat layering twice more with remaining potatoes, salt, pepper, tarragon, and cheese.
- Whisk cream and wine in medium bowl to blend. Pour over potatoes. Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender when pierced with knife and top is golden, about 1 hour. Or until potatoes are cooked through. Let gratin stand 5 minutes before serving.