I hear everyone is busting out their Crock Pots. Way to go!
I too, love an easy, delicious meal. Due to the last post, Crock Pot French Dip Recipe , I have another one to share. Ms. Jessica sent me this recipe. Thank you my dear. The chicken cooks while you can either buy store-bought shells and salsa OR make your own of each. The pink links will take you to the extra steps if you so wish. (Homemade Shells) (Pico de Gallo) This is a good one friends, mother tested and child approved. Oh yeah one more thing. My girl Ree was sweet enough to send an advanced copy of her lastest cookbook “Food From My Frontier”. Her Chicken Taco recipe, page 162, is also a crowd pleaser. It can be pre-ordered on Amazon, by clicking HERE. It will be available March 13th!
Off We Go.
For the Crock Pot: chicken breasts, salsa and chicken stock. That is all. For disclosure, my chicken breasts were rock-solid-frozen.
I set the ole pot to low at 10am and walked away. By 4pm the chicken was almost over done.
Remove and shred. If the chicken went ‘too long’, simply add some crock pot liquids.
Next, add shredded cheese, lettuce, avocado, cilantro and lime – for my crew. Do whatever you like for your taste buds.
But above all, enjoy.
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts (depending on their size, approx. 3)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups salsa (Suggestions: Mild – Pace, Medium – Pace, Spicy – La Victoria)
- 8 taco shells or (Homemade Shells)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (if you want to slice and dice, make Pico de Gallo)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 avocado sliced
- Sour cream
- Add to your crock pot, chicken stock, salsa and chicken breasts. Cook on low until tender (6-8 hours) or High (3 hours). When done, remove cooked chicken. Reserve cooking liquid.
- Shred chicken and put in a bowl. Drizzle with enough of cooking liquid to keep moist.
- Fill taco shells with chicken, and top with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, cilantro, lime and/or sour cream if desired.