Last night, after many cookies were cooling, I asked which one had the highest rating among the tribe. This Chocolate Pecan Rolo Cookie Recipe was the hands-down winner. Why is it my favorite as well? The cookie is not just a sugar bomb. I need to taste that chocolate, please, and the flavors seem come together nicely with just the right amount of crunch.
Here is the show stopper – Chocolate Pecan Rolo Cookie Recipe
Grab your flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda and salt (not photo’d oops)
Mix them together
and set it aside.
Now for the wet ingredients. Eggs & butter both room temperature, white and brown sugar, and vanilla.
Beat the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and mix again.
Add flour mixture and blend.
Be sure to remember to scrape down your sides periodically.
Plop your dough onto a piece of plastic wrap
so you can chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Dough is cold, grab your chopped pecans and Rolo’s. I almost had to buy a second bag, I ate a few. By the way have you ever added Rolo’s or Milk Duds to your popcorn at the movies? A favorite indulgence.
Gently fill your 2 tsp. sized scooper with dough then insert a Rolo.
Then patch the bottom with a layer of cookie dough to trap that Rolo.
Next press the ball into your chopped Pecan’s.
Looking good. They are ready for take off.
A few minutes later.
Santa is going to LOVE these babies.
Rooty-root-toot and rump-a-tum-tum,
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bag or about 6 rolls of Rolos
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- In a large bowl beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Add flour mixture and blend. Chill dough at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine chopped pecans.
- For each cookie, shape about 1 tablespoon of dough around 1 Rolo, covering completely. Try to have more dough at the bottom of the cookie so that the candy doesn't melt through.
- Press one side of each ball into the nut mixture and place, nut side up, two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool at least two minutes before removing from cookie sheets. Then cool completely on wire racks